Illinois Auto Insurance

G.A. Crandall & Co. has proudly served the auto insurance needs of Tinley Park and all of Illinois since 1965.

If your car were damaged or destroyed in an accident, fire, theft, or other covered event, the right auto insurance policy is what would help you get back on the road and back to your normal life as quickly as possible. It may even provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle.

That’s why choosing the right auto insurance policy is so important. But to make a choice, you need options. As an independent agency, we can help you review policies from several trusted insurance carriers and choose the policy that makes the most sense for you. We look forward to the opportunity to find the best auto insurance coverage for you.

Request a free quote for call us at 708-633-8100 for immediate assistance.

How much auto insurance do I need in Illinois?

Our office is located in Tinley Park, and our team of independent agents has a vast knowledge of the auto insurance requirements in Illinois.

In Illinois, to be in compliance with the law, you must carry vehicle liability limits in the following minimum amounts:

  • $20,000 – injury or death of one person in an accident
  • $40,000 – injury or death of more than one person in an accident
  • $15,000 – damage to property of another person

While this is all that the law requires, it is often not enough and doesn’t include any of the additional coverages explained below. As an agency with nearly 50 years experience writing auto insurance in Illinois, we would be happy to help you ensure you have the right amount of coverage for your car.

Additional Coverage Options

Collision Insurance

Collision insurance coverage pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident. Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It’s the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost.

Comprehensive Insurance (Other than Collision)

Comprehensive insurance covers damage done to your car in some way other than a collision, such as if it were stolen or vandalized. Flood, hurricane, theft, windshield damage and fire are also events usually covered by comprehensive car insurance. Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible.) And although it’s not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.

Every situation is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on auto insurance in Illinois.

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 708-633-8100