Illinois Homeowners Insurance

Protecting homes in Tinley Park and all of Illinois since 1965

For many of us, our home is not only the center of our daily life — it’s our most valuable asset. That’s why, if it were damaged or destroyed, you would want your claim settled by an insurance company that respects this.

Whether you live in a house, apartment, or condominium, G.A. Crandall & Co. can help you find a homeowners insurance policy that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service, and fair pricing in Illinois.

Request a free quote or call us at 708-633-8100

About Homeowners Insurance in Illinois

Insuring your home can help protect you financially if you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered event. It will also cover you in the event someone is injured while on your property and wins a legal judgment against you.

The amount you pay for home insurance in Illinois will depend on several factors, including:

  • The coverages you choose. Usually coverage options are priced individually, so the amount you pay for your policy will depend on the coverages you select.
  • Your deductible. Selecting a higher deductible will typically lower your premium price by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $500 deductible, you would be responsible for paying the first $500 of the covered loss.
  • Your limits. You may choose to set higher limits than the recommended amount if appropriate to your situation and needs.

Whether you’re a home or condo owner, a renter, or a landlord, G.A. Crandall & Co. will work with you to find a home insurance policy that fits your needs. We specialize in making it easy to choose the insurance coverage that gives you the best value for the best price.

What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?

A typical homeowners insurance policy in Illinois provides coverage for the following:

Your Home

Property or Dwelling Coverage typically pays to repair or rebuild your home if it’s damaged or destroyed by an insured event like a kitchen fire or windstorm.

You and Other People

Personal Liability Coverage applies if someone is injured or their property is damaged and you are to blame. The coverage generally applies anywhere in the world.

Medical Expenses

This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.

Additional Living Expenses

If you can’t live in your home because of a covered loss, your home insurance policy will pay additional living expenses-commonly for up to 24 months-while damage is assessed and your home is repaired or rebuilt.

Your Belongings

Your home is filled with furniture, clothes, electronics and other items that mean a lot to you. Personal Property Insurance helps replace these items if they are lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss.

Scheduled Personal Property Coverage

If you have special possessions such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles you may want to talk to your agent about this additional coverage. It provides broader coverage for specific items.

If You Rent Out Your Home

Landlords may have the option to buy optional liability coverage for the risks posed by tenant-occupied dwellings. Visit our Landlord Protection Insurance page for more information.

Your home is unique. Your homeowners insurance policy should be too. Contact us to find out how to get the best price and value on homeowners insurance in Illinois.

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 708-633-8100